Pro Edge Sports Picks previously outlined two college football teams (Maryland & Syracuse) that received substantial wagers from a respected betting group. Now that we are less than 72 hours away from week four of the college football campaign, Pro Edge sources have been able to ascertain additional teams that have attracted sharp money from some of the most respected sources in the gambling industry. Please find below Week Four College Football Sports Picks from industry sharps:
San Jose State (+4) (-110) over Minnesota
- Several respected sports handicappers have placed wagers on the Spartans at +4, and Pro Edge Sports agrees with the move as the wrong team is favored in this game;
- Minnesota head coach Jerry Kill suffered his fourth epileptic seizure last week and his status is uncertain for Saturday’s game. Minnesota starting quarterback Philip Nelson was also injured last week and his status is questionable. The absence of Nelson is worth at least two points to the point spread;
- San Jose State is 13-2 ATS over the last two seasons, including 12-2 ATS as underdogs, 7-0 ATS on the road and 9-0 ATS versus non-conference foes;
- The Spartans are the superior team on both sides of the ball, have had two weeks to prepare and take the field with a future NFL quarterback.
Rice (+3) (-110) over Houston
- This is another game where the wrong team is favored. Rice takes the field with 19 returning starters who are hell-bent on exacting revenge upon the Cougars for last year’s 35-14 defeat;
- Houston may be 2-0 this season, but the Cougars are 0.2 yards per rush play, 0.7 yards per pass play and 0.6 yards per play worse than average offensively;
- Overall, Rice’s defense possesses a 1.4 yards per play advantage over the Cougars’ attack;
- Rice is 6-0 in competitively-priced games (+3 to -3) and 7-2 SU and 8-1 ATS since the end of last season, whereas the Cougars are 9-21 ATS following two or more consecutive wins and 8-19 ATS on the road after gaining 525 or more yards in their previous game;
- Like San Jose State above, the Owls are the better team and should be laying points in this game.
Both San Jose State and Rice have attracted their fair share of money from the sharps in Las Vegas and elsewhere. Pro Edge Sports Picks agrees with both selections as the oddsmakers have set bad lines in each game.