The professional handicappers at Oskeim Sports have the winning information you need before betting on Wednesday’s MLB games. Oskeim’s MLB Betting Market Report gives you the winning edge.
Arizona Diamondbacks at Cleveland Guardians (-210)
Analysis: Since 2020, Cleveland starter Shane Bieber is 13-0 straight-up and 10-3 (+58.0% ROI) against the run line as a favorite following an outing in which he lasted at least seven innings. Since May 2, 2018, the Guardians are 16-1 straight-up on Wednesdays in non-divisional games with a line shorter than -130. This situation is 7-1 against the run line if the line is shorter than -170. Finally, Cleveland applies to very good 521-162 and 406-130 systems of mine that have both been profitable against the run line since 2017. Take the Guardians and invest with confidence.
Boston Red Sox at Houston Astros (-182)
Analysis: Since September 15, 2021, Houston starter Jose Urquidy is 10-1 (+42.3% ROI) straight-up and 7-4 (+37.0% ROI) against the run line as a favorite of -130 or greater. Since April 22, 2021, Urquidy is 20-3 (+38.9% ROI) straight-up and 17-6 (+58.0% ROI) against the run line as a favorite of -105 or greater in games with a total of 8.5 runs or more. Since 2018, home favorites of –171 or greater off back-to-back losses are 53-19 (+9.0% ROI) straight-up and +7.0% ROI against the run line in game 3 of a series. Take Houston and invest with confidence.
Cincinnati Reds at Miami Marlins (-193)
Analysis: Since 2010, the Reds are 1-22 (-87.8% ROI) straight-up and 9-14 (-28.0% ROI) against the run line as road underdogs of +135 or greater following a win as underdogs in which they scored three runs or less. Since last season, the Reds are 5-21 SU and RL on Wednesdays versus non-divisional opponents. This trend is 1-12 SU and RL if their starting pitcher is coming off a loss, 0-9 SU and 2-7 RL if their starter won his previous H2H matchup and 0-10 SU and 2-8 RL off a win. This situation is 0-19 SU and 2-17 RL if the line is longer than -130.
Since September 20, 2020, Miami starter Sandy Alcantara is 7-0 straight-up and 6-1 (+61.2% ROI) against the run line if it is not a doubleheader and he worked no more than five innings in his previous outing. Finally, Miami applies to very good 406-130, 108-41 and 55-11 situations that have all produced a profit against the run line. Take the Marlins and invest with confidence.
Additional Betting Trends for Wednesday, August 3
- Since 2019, divisional home favorites of -165 or greater are 216-74 (+10.4% ROI) straight-up and 163-127 (+9.4% ROI) against the run line following a loss.
- Since April 12, 2022, the New York Mets are 12-0 straight-up and 10-2 (+60.4% ROI) against the run line in divisional affairs following a loss in which they drew multiple walks.
- Since 2021, the Atlanta Braves are 11-0-1 UNDER following a game in which they scored more than ten runs and the game went over the total by more than five runs.
- Since September 16, 2021, Detroit starting pitcher Tyler Alexander is 9-0 UNDER.
- This season, divisional road favorites are 9-0 SU and 8-1 RL following a win with a starter coming off a win and under versus an opponent coming off a game in which they scored over 4 runs.
- Since June 26, 2021, home teams in divisional day games off a loss as a favorite are 28-2 SU and 19-11 RL if the line is equal to or shorter than the previous line and the total is higher than seven runs.
Join Oskeim Sports today and save 20% on your first purchase at the online store!