Outside of Alabama, Missouri is the only team in the SEC that is undefeated at this juncture of the college football season. The Tigers travel to Athens, Georgia Saturday to take on the injury-depleted Bulldogs, who are 4-1 after last week’s last minute 34-31 win at Tennessee as 13.5-point favorites. Despite being undefeated, Missouri continues to be overlooked by sports bettors and sports fans alike, but the experts at Pro Edge are dialed in on the Tigers this season.
- Missouri is averaging 46.6 points per game on 6.1 yards per rush play, 8.3 yards per pass attempt and 544 total yards (7.1 yards per play; 11.7 yards per point);
- Overall, the Tigers are 1.0 yards per rush play, 0.5 yards per pass attempt and 0.8 yards per play better than average offensively this season.
- Missouri also possesses a very good defense that is limiting opponents to 22.4 points per game on 3.6 yards per rush play, 6.6 yards per pass attempt and 5.3 yards per play;
- Overall, the Tigers are 1.3 yards per rush play, 0.4 yards per pass attempt and 0.7 yards per play better than average defensively in 2013.
- The Tigers also avoid giving up the big play as evidenced by the fact that they are 3.5 yards per point better than average (18.3 yards per point to teams that combine to average 14.8 yards per point).
The relevant question is whether Missouri, who are 9-point underdogs against Georgia, can stay within that number. Pro Edge Sports Picks believes Missouri still offers excellent value at +8 or more as the Tigers are averaging 573 total yards on the road this season and are facing an injury-riddled Bulldog squad. Georgia is yielding 32.2 points per game on the year, including a 61% completion rate to opposing quarterbacks. Missouri quarterback James Franklin (“Frank the Tank”) is finally healthy this season and is averaging 281 passing yards per game (68% completion rate; 13-3 ratio), as well as averaging 5.2 yards per rush play.
Don’t miss out on Pro Edge’s premium winners as our network of professional handicappers and sources within the industry is unrivaled. Join the most respected sports handicapping firm today and start earning the second income you deserve.