Boston sends southpaw Clay Buchholz to the mound in hopes of completing a three-game sweep of the Yankees, who find themselves trailing in the crowded wild-care race. The experts at Pro Edge Sports Picks have analyzed this game and believe the Red Sox offer excellent value at the opining line of -165. Please find below our Major League Baseball Betting Preview of tonight’s game between the New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox.
New York Yankees at Boston Red Sox (-165)
- Boston left-hander Clay Buchholz is 3-1 with a 1.89 ERA over his last six starts. Buchholz is 10-0 with a 1.61 ERA and 1.07 WHIP this season, including 5-0 with a 2.10 ERA and 1.07 WHIP at home;
- New York starter Ivan Nova is 4-0 with a 2.87 ERA over his last eight starts. Nova is 8-4 with a 3.17 ERA and 1.28 WHIP this season, including 1-2 with a 4.21 ERA and 1.46 WHIP on the road;
- Boston is 49-25 (+12.4 units) at home where the Red Sox are hitting .288 with a .354 on base percentage (5.3 runs per game). The Red Sox are averaging 5.9 runs over their last seven games;
- New York is 35-39 (+2.4 units) on the road where the Yankees are batting .237 with a .289 on base percentage (4.0 runs per game). The Yankees are averaging 4.1 runs over their last seven games;
- Boston relievers own a 3.58 ERA and 1.29 WHIP in 2013, including a 3.69 ERA and 1.33 WHIP at home;
- New York relievers own a 3.60 ERA and 1.31 WHIP this season, including a 2.74 ERA and 1.25 WHIP on the road;
- The Red Sox are 12-6 against New York this year, while Buchholz has limited the Yankees to one run in two starts this season (2-0; 12 IP);
- Team Trend: Buchholz is 21-4 as a favorite, 15-2 as a large favorite, 24-8 with a total between 8 and 8.5 runs and 12-2 after giving up one or less earned runs in his previous outing.
With the Red Sox owning a 12-1 record with Buchholz on the mound this season, we see no reason not to be on board for win #13 tonight. Pro Edge Sports Picks recommends a solid investment on the home favorite tonight.