Denver looked unstoppable in its season-opening win against Ravens as Peyton Manning & Co. compiled 49 points on 10.6 yards per pass attempt and 510 total yards (7.8 yards per point; 10.4 yards per point). In contrast, New York was incapable of holding onto the ball in its season-opening loss to the Cowboys as six turnovers ultimately brought down the Giants in a 36-31 defeat. However, New York actually dominated the game with a +147 yard advantage on the field, and the experts at Pro Edge Sports Picks like the home underdog in this matchup between the Manning brothers. Please find below Pro Edge’s Week Two NFL Betting Preview between the Denver Broncos and New York Giants:
Denver Broncos at New York Giants (+5) (-110)
- New York’s offense was humming on all cylinders last week as the Giants garnered 478 total yards on 10.2 yards per pass attempt and 8.5 yards per play;
- New York’s defense also played well as evidenced by the fact that they limited the Cowboys to just 3.8 yards per rush play, 5.0 yards per pass attempt and 4.6 yards per play;
- The fact that New York had a legitimate chance to win the game last week despite six turnovers demonstrates how dominating the Giants were from the line of scrimmage;
- New York quarterback Eli Manning is 19-12 SU and 17-13-1 ATS at home following a loss, including a perfect 4-0 SU and ATS in the last four situations.
- Eli Manning is 33-21-1 ATS as an underdog in his NFL career, including 7-3 SU and 8-1-1 ATS the last ten times he was getting points;
- Non-division road teams in Game Two off a SU and ATS win in which they scored 40 or more points are 1-8 ATS versus an opponent off a loss.
Regrettably, the opening line of +5.5 has been taken by the sharps (including our betting group), but we still believe the Giants offer excellent value at +4.5 points or more.