The experts at Pro Edge Sports have been working overtime to bring you detailed Thanksgiving football analysis so that you are positioned to maximize your return on investment over the holidays. Please find below previews of all three NFL games on Thursday: Green Bay at Detroit, Oakland at Dallas and Pittsburgh at Baltimore.
Green Bay Packers at Detroit Lions (-7) (-110)
- Sports bettors are hesitant to wager on the Lions as they are a terrible 0-9 SU and 0-8-1 ATS on Thanksgiving since 2004. However, Thanksgiving day home favorites playing with revenge are a terrific 14-1 ATS;
- Green Bay is 1.0 yards per play better than average offensively and 0.4 yards per play worse than average defensively in 2013. The Lions are 0.4 yards per play better than average offensively and 0.4 yards per play worse than average defensively this season.
Pro Edge Sports Lean: Green Bay Packers at +7 or more
Oakland Raiders at Dallas Cowboys (-8) (-110)
- Oakland quarterback Matt McGloin has looked more than capable over the last two weeks filling in for an injured Terrelle Pryor. In fact, McGloin has a 5.1% touchdown pass rate and a 1.3% interception rate, whereas Pryor had a 2.2% touchdown pass rate and a 4.5% interception rate;
- Oakland is 0.2 yards per play worse than average offensively and 0.1 yards per play worse than average defensively. The Cowboys are 0.1 yards per play worse than average offensively and 0.5 yards per play worse than average defensively this season. Dallas is actually below-average on both sides of the ball, but the Cowboys are above .500 because of an incredibly fortunate +11 turnover margin (+6 in net fumbles).
Pro Edge Sports Lean: Oakland Raiders (+7.5) or more
Pittsburgh Steelers at Baltimore Ravens
- Since 1980, .599 or worse NFL road underdogs off a division road win are just 10-32 SU and 14-27-1 ATS versus an opponent off a SU and ATS win. Since 1988, defending Super Bowl champions are 14-3 ATS as favorites of less than three points when taking the field with a losing record in the second half of the season;
- Pittsburgh is 0.1 yards per play better than average offensively and 0.1 yards per play worse than average defensively this season. The Ravens are 0.5 yards per play worse than average offensively and 0.2 yards per play better than average defensively in 2013. The Steelers are slightly better from the line of scrimmage, but Baltimore has one of the best home field advantages in the NFL and stands at a perfect 7-0 SU and ATS at home with a losing record under head coach John Harbaugh.
Pro Edge Sports Lean: No call as nine of the last thirteen meetings in this series have been decided by three points, including the last four games.