It’s homecoming for Andy Reid as his Kansas City Chiefs take on the Philadelphia Eagles Thursday night at Lincoln Financial Field. Pro Edge Sports has confirmed that a fairly large betting group made a significant wager on the Eagles earlier this week, and our handicapping experts and professional sources agree with the move. Please find below Pro Edge Sports Picks Thursday Night Football Betting Preview between the Chiefs and Eagles:
Kansas City Chiefs at Philadelphia Eagles (-3) (-120)
- Philadelphia is averaging 31.5 points per game on 5.1 yards per rush attempt, 9.7 yards per pass attempt and 477 total yards (7.3 yards per play);
- Overall, the Eagles are 0.1 yards per rush play, 0.5 yards per pass attempt and 0.1 yards per play better than average offensively this season;
- Kansas City is averaging 22.5 points per game on 4.4 yards per rush play, 5.3 yards per pass attempt and 302 total yards (4.9 yards per play);
- Overall, the Chiefs are 0.6 yards per rush play, 1.4 yards per pass play and 1.1 yards per play worse than average offensively in 2013;
- It appears that Kansas City’s strength this season is its defense that is limiting opponents to just 9.0 points per game, including 2.8 yards per carry, 4.7 yards per pass attempt and 248 total yards (4.1 yards per play; 27.6 yards per point);
- In contrast, Philadelphia’s weakness is its stop unit that is yielding 29.0 points per game on 7.5 yards per pass attempt and 460 total yards (6.4 yards per play);
- Kansas City head coach Andy Reid is 72-48 ATS on the road in his coaching career, including going 40-22 ATS as a road underdog;
- The Eagles are 4-13 ATS over the last two seasons, including 0-7 ATS in competitively-priced games (+3 to -3), 0-8 ATS at home, 0-6 ATS as favorites and 0-8 ATS following a loss.
The fundamental analysis favors Philadelphia, while the technical analysis seems to favor the Chiefs. However, we have several angles that strongly support the home favorite tonight, and our group is prepared to make a move on the Eagles if the line remains at -3 or less.