A.J. Griffin – Oakland Athletics
- Griffin has been a solid investment on the road where he was 4-1 with a 2.90 ERA and 1.24 WHIP in seven starts last season. Griffin also excels at night where he was 7-1 with a 2.34 ERA and 1.02 WHIP in 2012 (4-2; 3.65 ERA this season), and he also performed exceptionally well in the month of June (1.50 ERA; 0.67 WHIP last year).
- Griffin has a favorable matchup against a struggling Milwaukee offense that is averaging just 4.1 runs per game this season. With an improving groundball rate, together with excellent command and control, Griffin is an excellent under-the-radar investment over the next two weeks.
Justin Masterson – Cleveland Indians
- Masterson is enjoying a breakout season as evidenced by the fact that he is 8-3 with a 3.07 ERA and 1.15 WHIP, including compiling 51 strikeouts to just 15 walks in 49.2 innings of work.
- Masterson has a favorable matchup against a scuffling New York lineup that has an OPS under .700 over the last three weeks. With an elite groundball rate (54%) and the requisite skill set to continue his resurgence, Masterson is an excellent investment opportunity over the next two weeks.
Joe Saunders – Seattle Mariners
- Saunders only presents an investment opportunity at home where he is 3-1 with a 2.41 ERA and 1.04 WHIP this season. Saunders generally represents a fade opportunity on the road where he is 0-4 with a 9.00 ERA and 2.06 WHIP in 2013, including allowing 51 hits in 31.0 innings of work.
- Saunders has an excellent opportunity to improve to 4-1 at home on Monday when the Mariners welcome the weak-hitting White Sox, who are batting just .239 with a .289 on base percentage this season (3.5 runs per game). Chicago also struggles to hit southpaws and is averaging a mere 2.3 runs over the last seven games.
If you are interested in joining the most honest, transparent and successful sports investment firm in the industry, please give me a call toll free at 888-254-0117 and I will offer you a 20% discount on any long-term subscription. Oskeim Sports has received 31 distinguished awards from The Sports Monitor since 2007, and I would be honored to have you as a valued member of my firm!
Oskeim Sports Consulting, LLC