Pro Edge Sports has confirmed that a respected betting group moved a substantial amount of money on Syracuse earlier this week as the Orange take on the Tulane Green Wave at the Carrier Dome Saturday. Our experts and sources all agree with the syndicate’s move as the Orange are coming off a 54-0 win over Wagner in their season-opener, which is significant in that home teams in Game Four off a shutout win are 13-4 SU and ATS versus an opponent off a SU and ATS win.
Tulane at Syracuse (-14.5) (-110)
- Pinnacle Sportsbook opened Syracuse as 12.5-point home favorites, but a respected betting group made a major move on the Orange, earlier this week thereby moving the point spread to 14.5 points.
- Tulane is averaging 32.3 points per game this season, but the Green Wave are 0.6 yards per rushing attempt, 0.4 yards per pass attempt and 0.4 yards per play worse than average offensively this season;
- Tulane will have a difficult time moving the ball against a Syracuse stop unit that is 1.3 yards per rush play and 0.4 yards per play better than average defensively in 2013.
- Overall, Syracuse has a 1.9 yards per rush play and 0.8 yards per play advantage defensively over the Green Wave’s pedestrian offense;
- The situational analysis also favors Syracuse as the Green Wave are in the middle of a three game road trip, with the other two road contests against in-state competition. And, that last fact is extremely relevant in that defeating in-state rivals enhances a coach’s ability to recruit within the state.
- Tulane is 3-13 ATS following an upset win on the road, 0-7 ATS off an upset win versus .500 or better opposition and 19-36 ATS away from home following one or more consecutive wins;
- 1-2 college football teams in Game Four off a win are 15-3-1 ATS versus an opponent off a win, provided our play-on team played in the postseason the prior year.
Pro Edge Sports Picks really likes Syracuse on Saturday, but we strongly recommend waiting before placing a wager on the Orange as we believe the sports betting market will correct itself closer to game time. What we mean by that is money will gradually come in on the underdog, thereby putting pressure on the market and causing the line to return closer to the opening number of 12.5. Pro Edge Sports recommends a wager on Syracuse at any number less than 13.5-points.