It’s almost time to utter those four magical words: “Pitchers and catchers report.”
Yes, the boys of summer won’t begin playing actual games until late March and early April, but beginning in mid-February, pitchers and catchers will report to MLB Spring Training, with full team workouts set to begin about a week later. It’s the official precursor to the MLB 2019 season, and we’re here to give you our way-too-early Major League Baseball preview for the coming season.
Top MLB Headlines Headed into 2019
- Where, oh where, will Bryce Harper be playing? At the time of this writing, former Nationals star Bryce Harper remains unsigned.
- Can the Nationals get over the hump? Washington has been regarded as one of the best MLB teams in the pre-season the past several years, only to underachieve when it really mattered. Will this be the year they string together a deep playoff run? They still have one of the best pitchers in the game — Max Scherzer — in his prime.
- How will Yasiel Puig fare with the Reds? “The Wild Horse” has had the potential to be among the top MLB players. Now playing in Cincinnati, will Puig develop into the star he can be?
- Will this be the Dodgers’ year? Can they bring home a World Series after finishing as runner-up the past two years?
Teams to Watch (And Our Way-Too Early World Series Pick)
Can the Boston Red Sox go back-to-back? Will the New York Yankees finally breakthrough in the postseason with all of their young talent? Who will come out on top of the American League (AL) and National League (NL)?
There are several teams we’d suggest keeping an eye on. In the AL, we like Houston, and the aforementioned Yankees and Red Sox. Don’t sleep on Oakland or Cleveland either. And in the NL, the clear favorite looks to be the Dodgers once again. Here’s our pennant and World Series picks:
- ALCS: Astros over the Red Sox
- NLCS: Dodgers over the Braves
- World Series: Dodgers over the Astros
Do you agree with our MLB picks? Who do you see winning it all next fall? What are your way-too-early MLB predictions?
If you’re thinking about baseball betting this season, check out our guide before you jump in. And for more sports predictions and previews, visit our website today!
Image Source: Sporting News