The professional handicappers at Oskeim Sports have the winning information you need before betting on Wednesday’s MLB games. Oskeim’s MLB Betting Market Report gives you the winning edge you need.
Miami Marlins (-125) at St. Louis Cardinals
Analysis: Since March 27, 2022, non-divisional road favorites in games with a total equal to or less than eight runs are 71-28 (+22.8% ROI) straight-up and 63-36 (+30.6% ROI) against the run line. This season, non-divisional road favorites in games with a total of 8 runs or less are 28-9 straight-up following an under, including 11-2 straight-up if the starter lost to the opposing team in their previous head-to-head matchup. There’s one additional parameter that will remain for my eyes only.
Since March 25, 2020, non-divisional road favorites with a total equal to or less than the previous game’s total are 19-4 straight-up with a starting pitcher who lost his previous head-to-head matchup. There’s one additional parameter that will remain for my eyes only. Miami right-hander Sandy Alcantara owns a 0.99 ERA and 0.95 WHIP in four career starts against the Cardinals, including allowing no earned runs in his previous two outings (16 1/3 IP, 1 R, 0 ER, 13K, 2 BB).
The only concern with backing the Marlins in this game is the fact that they are 1-9 in the past ten meetings in this series, including losing all four with Alcantara on the mound.
Baltimore Orioles at Seattle Mariners (-141)
Analysis: Seattle falls into a very good 97-36 (+13.6% ROI) straight-up and 69-64 (+11.0% ROI) run line system that dates back to June 12, 2015, and invests on certain home favorites of -140 or greater following a win as favorites in which they had at least three times as many hits than runs. This situation is 26-8 (+16.7% ROI) straight-up and 18-16 (+11.2% ROI) against the run line since April 14, 2021.
Since May 3, 2017 (pre-All-Star game), the Mariners are 34-10 (+32.4% ROI) straight-up with starting pitchers entering off a road win in their previous outing provided they are not underdogs of more than +170. Finally, Seattle falls into a very good 444-272 (+10.2% ROI) money line system that is 47-22 since 2020, producing a net profit of +19.1%. Take Seattle and invest with confidence.
Additional Betting Trends for Wednesday, June 29
- Since June 24, 2021, New York right-hander James Taillon is 18-2 (+43.2% ROI) straight-up and 16-4 (+49.0% ROI) against the run line following a start in which he pitched at least four innings. There is one additional parameter that will remain for my eyes only.
- Since June 22, 2014, the Boston Red Sox are 13-1 (+16.4% ROI) straight-up and 10-3 (+49.0% ROI) against the run line as underdogs in the last game of a series following a loss by exactly one run.
- Since April 12, 2022, the New York Mets are 20-1 (+72.0% ROI) straight-up and 17-4 (+63.0% ROI) against the run line following a loss in which they had multiple walks.
- Since May 13, 2016, the Seattle Mariners are 22-5 OVER as home favorites of -140 or greater following a game as favorites in which they had more strikeouts than hits.
- Since August 21, 2021, Los Angeles starter Julio Urias is 12-0 UNDER in regular-season affairs following an outing in which he allowed less than five hits.
- Since September 10, 2020, Texas starter Dane Dunning is 1-17 (-88.7% ROI) straight-up and 7-11 (-29.1% ROI) against the run line following an outing in which he had five or less strikeouts.