The professional handicappers at Oskeim Sports have the winning information you need before betting on Tuesday’s MLB games. Oskeim’s MLB Betting Market Report gives you the winning edge.
Houston Astros (-156) at Oakland Athletics
Analysis: Since September 5, 2021, the Astros are 17-0 straight-up and 13-4 (+54.0% ROI) against the run line as divisional favorites of -115 or more if they are coming off a loss. Since June 14, 2018, Oakland starter Frankie Montas is 1-10 (-80.5% ROI) straight-up and 4-7 (-36.7% ROI) against the run line as an underdog if he won his previous outing.
Since April 22, 2022, the Athletics are 3-18 (-64.3% ROI) straight-up and 4-17 (-63.6% ROI) against the run line at home following a game in which their bullpen gave up two or more runs. There’s one additional parameter in this situation that pertains to the number of hits the opponent had in the previous game. Take Houston and invest with confidence.
Pittsburgh Pirates at Chicago Cubs (-171)
Analysis: Since September 14, 2020, the Pirates are 0-13 straight-up and 1-12 (-85.3% ROI) against the run line on the road with a starting pitcher entering off a road win in his previous outing. Since April 1, 2020, certain home teams are 61-38 (+6.8% ROI) straight-up versus opponents off a one-run loss if the total is greater than 8 runs. This situation is 15-1 straight-up since April 13, 2022. This season, divisional underdogs are just 4-15 against the run line if the line is shorter than the previous game and it is longer than +155 provided the starter won the previous H2H matchup. Take Chicago and invest with confidence.
San Francisco Giants (-180) at Arizona Diamondbacks
Analysis: Since September 1, 2020, favorites coming off a shutout loss are 57-17(+33.8% ROI) straight-up and 46-28 (+35.0% ROI) against the run line with a starting pitcher who was an underdog in his previous outing, including 39-3 (+48.8% ROI) straight-up and 32-10 (+66.1% ROI) against the run line as favorites of -125 or greater. Since April 28, 2021, the Diamondbacks are a money-burning 55-127 (-25.3% ROI) straight-up as underdogs.
Since 2019, divisional favorites of -131 or greater facing an opponent coming off a game with ten-plus hits and no home runs are 112-34 straight-up in contests with a posted total of at least six runs. This trend is 77-22 straight-up when the line is shorter than the previous game. San Francisco is 28-7 (+18.8 units) in this series over the last three seasons, including 11-5 (+3.9 units) at Arizona.
Finally, San Francisco is 26-8 (+14.1 units) as road favorites of -125 to -175 over the last three seasons. Take the Giants and invest with confidence.
Additional Betting Trends for Tuesday, July 26
- Since May 31, 2021, the Los Angeles Dodgers are 10-2 (+21.6% ROI) straight-up and 8-4 (+29.0% ROI) against the run line following a home game in which they issued five or more walks.
- Since June 29, 2017, the Seattle Mariners are 16-8 (+7.0% ROI) straight-up as home favorites of -140 or greater following a game as favorites in which they had more strikeouts than hits.
- The Tampa Bay Rays are 24-6 straight-up and 18-12 against the run line in games with a starter who won as a favorite in his last start if the line is shorter than the previous start.
- Since July 6, 2022, the New York Yankees are 13-3 OVER.
- Since June 29, 2021, the Cincinnati Reds are 10-0 UNDER without rest following a game in which they scored more than ten runs.
Join Oskeim Sports today and save 20% on your first purchase at the online store!