The professional handicappers at Oskeim Sports have the winning information you need before betting on Thursday’s MLB games. Oskeim’s MLB Betting Market Report gives you the winning edge you need.
Cleveland Indians at Minnesota Twins -130
Analysis: Since September 1, 2014, the Twins are 32-6 (+36.1% ROI) straight-up and 26-12 (+53.9% ROI) against the run line as favorites in the last game of a series following a game in which they allowed six or more runs. Since September 10, 2012, the Twins are 24-6 (+28.0% ROI) straight-up and 20-10 (+50.4% ROI) against the run line as favorites in the last game of a series following a game as favorites in which they allowed six or more runs. Over the last two seasons, Minnesota is a profitable 18-5 (+18.5 units) straight-up revenging a loss in which their opponent scored ten or more runs and 9-1 (+8.9 units) at home off a game in which they allowed nine or more runs. Take the Twins and invest with confidence.
St. Louis Cardinals (-110) at Milwaukee Brewers
Analysis: Since August 10, 2021, the Cardinals are 15-1 (+64.9% ROI) straight-up as road favorites (check current line) following a game in which their starting pitcher gave up two or more runs. Since May 17, 2022, road favorites in games with a total of 8 runs or higher are 18-6 straight-up versus opponents they defeated in their last meeting (and finished with 4-9 hits in the win). Take St. Louis and invest with confidence.
Houston Astros at New York Yankees (-128)
Analysis: Since April 19, 2022, the Yankees are 18-1 (+41.4% ROI) straight-up and 14-5 (+45.0% ROI) against the run line in the first game of a series. Since June 24, 2021, New York right-hander James Taillon is 17-2 (+42.0% ROI) straight-up and 15-4 (+56.0% ROI) against the run line following a start in which he pitched at least four innings. There is one additional parameter that will remain for my eyes only. Taillon owns a 2.57 ERA and 0.71 WHIP in two career starts against the Astros, whereas Houston left-hander Framber Valdez is 0-1 with an 8.59 ERA and 2.59 WHIP in two career outings against the Yankees.
Finally, since March 25, 2020, unrested home favorites off a win as road favorites are 17-4 straight-up versus opponents that hit two or more home runs in their previous game. Take New York and invest with confidence.
Additional Betting Trends for Thursday, June 23
- Chicago starter Johnny Cueto is 11-0-1 OVER since June 26, 2016, at home following an outing in which his team scored seven or more runs.
- Since September 24, 2019, the Atlanta Braves are 33-13-1 OVER as favorites of -140 or greater following a game as favorites in which they had more strikeouts than base hits.
- Since September 19, 2019, the Atlanta Braves are 29-9 OVER as home favorites of -140 or greater following a game in which they scored in two or fewer separate innings.
- Since March 28, 2009, the Seattle Mariners are 20-3 (+47.0% ROI) straight-up as road favorites of -130 or greater (check current line) following a road affair in which they issued one or fewer walks.
- Since April 13, 2018, the Seattle Mariners are 17-1 OVER following back-to-back road wins in which they never trailed.
- Since August 16, 2020, the Chicago White Sox are 28-6 (+34.1% ROI) straight-up and 22-12 (+45.5% ROI) against the run line as home favorites following a game in which their opponent scored in more innings.
- Road favorites with starting pitchers who lost their previous personal matchup are 44-12 straight-up if the team won its previous matchup versus the opponent.