The professional handicappers at Oskeim Sports have the winning information you need before betting on Sunday’s MLB games. Oskeim’s MLB Betting Market Report gives you the winning edge.
St. Louis Cardinals (-145) at Cincinnati Reds
Analysis: Since August 10, 2021, the Cardinals are 16-2 (+55.3% ROI) straight-up and 15-3 (+65.0% ROI) against the run line as road favorites following a game in which their starting pitcher gave up two or more runs. Since September 18, 2020, the Cardinals are 15-0 straight-up and 12-3 (+71.4% ROI) against the run line as favorites of -125 or greater with a starting pitcher who won (and had a quality start) in his previous outing and finished with fewer than nine strikeouts. Finally, Cincinnati starter Tyler Mahle is 1-8 at home this season versus teams that average seven or more strikeouts per game. Take St. Louis and invest with confidence.
Conflicting Trend: MLB underdogs priced between +102 and +132 in game 2 (or beyond) of a series are 32-9 straight-up (+68.0% ROI) following a loss in which it scored fewer than five runs and hit at least one home run.
Minnesota Twins (-171) at Detroit Tigers
Analysis: Since June 25, 2018, the Tigers are 5-19 (-45.6% ROI) straight-up and 7-15 (-31.0% ROI) against the run line as home underdogs with a starting pitcher who won his previous two outings. Detroit starter Rony Garcia is 0-1 with an 8.00 ERA and 1.44 WHIP in two career starts against the Twins. Since August 5, 2004, the Tigers are 0-20 straight-up and 4-13 (-53.6% ROI) against the run line as home underdogs in the last game of a series following back-to-back losses in which they never led. Take Minnesota and invest with confidence.
Additional Betting Trends for Sunday, July 24
- Since June 25, 2006, the Los Angeles Dodgers are 35-1 (+37.2% ROI) straight-up and 30-5 (+60.4% ROI) against the run line as home favorites of -200 or greater in the final game of a series following a win in which they never trailed.
- Since May 26, 2021, the Tampa Bay Rays are 19-4 (+27.2% ROI) straight-up and 13-10 (+17.2% ROI) against the run line as favorites of -143 or greater with a starting pitcher coming off a road win in his previous outing.
- This season, underdogs are 20-8 straight-up if their starter has the lower ERA, is coming off a loss as a favorite versus the opponent, and the line is shorter than the last time they faced the opposing starter.
- Since September 11, 2021, the Baltimore Orioles are 0-13 straight-up as underdogs off a win as underdogs in which their starting pitcher issued multiple walks in at least four innings of work.
- The New York Yankees are 9-0 straight-up since September 20, 2021, coming off a loss in which they were more than -185 favorites.
- San Diego starting pitcher Joe Musgrove is 0-7 straight-up since August 2019, following an outing in which he allowed at least five earned runs and was not a -200-plus favorite.
- Seattle starting pitcher Robbie Ray is 7-0 straight-up since 2017 following an outing in which he struck out at least 12 batters and threw at least 102 pitches.
Join Oskeim Sports today and save 20% on your first purchase at the online store!