The professional handicappers at Oskeim Sports have the winning information you need before betting on Monday’s MLB games. Oskeim’s MLB Betting Market Report gives you the winning edge.
New York Yankees (-120) at Seattle Mariners
Analysis: Since June 24, 2021, New York starter Jameson Taillon is 16-2 (+46.8% ROI) straight-up and 14-4 (+43.2% ROI) against the run line following a home start in which he pitched at least four innings. Since April 19, 2022, the Yankees are 25-8 (+16.8% ROI) straight-up and 18-15 (+8.0% ROI) against the run line in the opening game of a series. This season, non-divisional road favorites in games with a total of eight runs or less are 97-46 (+14.9% ROI) straight-up and 79-64 (+14.4% ROI) against the run line. Since September 13, 2021, the Yankees are 18-6 (+16.9% ROI) straight-up and 13-10 (+3.0% ROI) against the run line in the opening game of a non-divisional series. Take New York and invest with confidence.
Totals Alert: Since September 10, 2018, the Yankees are 28-17 (62.2%) OVER in road affairs following back-to-back losses.
Seattle Alert: Since July 24, 2019, the Mariners are 25-7 (+44.0% ROI) straight-up and 18-14 (+14.0% ROI) against the run line following a game as home favorites in which they issued one or fewer walks.
Pittsburgh Pirates at Arizona Diamondbacks (-1.5) (-120)
Analysis: Since 2010, certain July home favorites of -200 or greater in games 2 or 3 of a series are 502-141 (+10.0% ROI) straight-up and 385-258 (+10.3%) against the run line in games with a total between 6 and 10 runs if they are not coming off a loss. Pittsburgh starter Tyler Beede is 0-2 with a 4.26 ERA and 1.57 WHIP in four career outings against the Diamondbacks. The 29-year-old is coming off an appearance in which he gave up four earned runs on five hits and two walks while striking out one over just 1.1 innings against the Brewers on Wednesday. Beede also lacks command and control as evidenced by his 4.10 BB/9 rate across 41.2 innings of work this season.
Arizona falls into a very good 409-132 (+9.0% ROI) straight-up and 312-226 (+8.7% ROI) run line system of mine that dates to 2017 and invests on certain home favorites of -200 or greater. The Diamondbacks also find support in a 528-164 (+7.0% ROI) straight-up and 400-292 (+4.1% ROI) run line system that dates to 2019 and invests on certain large home favorites from game 40 out. Take Arizona and invest with confidence.
Additional Betting Trends for Monday, August 8
- Since 2000, road underdogs of +115 or greater off a win by two or more runs are 41-109 (-35.3% ROI) straight-up and 64-72 (-21.1% ROI) against the run line versus teams that scored three runs or fewer in four consecutive games.
- Since 2008, unrested underdogs of +110 or greater are 154-328 (-22.8% ROI) straight-up and -14.4% ROI against the run line in game 1 of a series if they are entering off an extra-innings affair.
- Since May 5, 2019, Baltimore starting pitcher Jordan Lyles is 14-1 (+81.2% ROI) straight-up and 14-1 (+61.1% ROI) against the run line following a win in his previous outing in which he allowed two runs or fewer and the bullpen allowed two runs or less.
- Since September 1, 2020, favorites coming off a shutout loss are 57-21 (+27.0% ROI) straight-up and 46-32 (+28.3% ROI) against the run line with a starting pitcher who was an underdog in his previous outing.
- Since August 1, 2011, road favorites of -147 or greater are 376-179 (+5.7% ROI) straight-up and 301-254 (+4.0% ROI) against the run line in August affairs with a posted total of ten runs or less.
Join Oskeim Sports today and save 20% on your first purchase at the online store!