The professional handicappers at Oskeim Sports have the winning information you need before betting on Friday’s MLB games. Oskeim’s MLB Betting Market Report gives you the winning edge.
Los Angeles Angels at Atlanta Braves (-146)
Analysis: Los Angeles falls into a very negative 17-52 system that invests against certain American League road teams priced between +125 and -125 with a team batting average of .265 or worse following consecutive losses by four or more runs. This situation is 4-28 over the last three seasons. The Angels apply to a 13-46 system that invests against certain American League road teams priced between +125 and -125 that are averaging 4.4 or fewer runs per game following consecutive games in which they scored two runs or fewer. This situation is 7-23 over the last three seasons.
Since September 24, 2019, the Braves are 35-18 (+2.7% ROI) straight-up as favorites of -140 or greater following a game as favorites in which they had more strikeouts than hits. This situation is 16-4 SU in its last 20 circumstances and 10-2 in its last twelve. Since September 19, 2019, the Braves are 35-14 (+11.3% ROI) straight-up as home favorites of -140 or greater following a game in which they scored in two or fewer separate innings. This situation is 13-3 SU in its last sixteen circumstances. Take Atlanta and invest with confidence.
San Diego Padres at New York Mets (-173)
Analysis: New York is a profitable 26-8 (+20.4 units) following a loss this season, including 20-0 straight-up and 15-5 (+68.0% ROI) against the run line as a favorite. Since April 12, 2022, the Mets are 25-2 (+68.9% ROI) straight-up and 21-6 (+54.0% ROI) against the run line following a loss in which they had two or more walks. Since August 1, 2021, New York starter Max Scherzer is 14-0 straight-up and 11-3 (+49.0% ROI) against the run line following a win in his previous outing in which he had five or more strikeouts and allowed less than four runs. Scherzer is 6-2 with a 2.87 ERA and 0.91 WHIP in sixteen career starts against the Padres. Take New York and invest with confidence.
Additional Betting Trends for Friday, July 22
- Since August 14, 2020, the Baltimore Orioles are 7-25 (-34.0% ROI) straight-up and 14-18 (-17.0% ROI) against the run line following a game as road underdogs in which they scored two or more runs in two or more separate innings.
- MLB underdogs are a money-burning 10-28 straight-up in the first game of a divisional series.
- Since July 21, 2021, San Francisco starting pitcher Logan Webb is 10-0 UNDER as a favorite of -109 or less (or as an underdog).
- Since September 24, 2019, the Atlanta Braves are 37-15 (71.2%) OVER as favorites of -140 or greater following a game as favorites in which they had more strikeouts than hits.
- Since June 4, 2021, St. Louis starting pitcher Adam Wainwright is 25-9 (+37.4% ROI) straight-up and 22-12 (31.0% ROI) against the run line as a road underdog or favorite.
Join Oskeim Sports today and save 20% on your first purchase at the online store!