As a professional sports handicapper, I utilize fundamental, situational and technical handicapping when making my sports picks. The latter approach, technical handicapping, can be extremely useful during the NFL preseason, especially when taking into account the various head coaches and their view of exhibition play. Please find below some profitable trends, systems and other technical analysis pertaining to the NFL Preseason:
WEEK-BY-WEEK BREAKDOWN OF HOW NFL TEAMS PERFORM IN THE PRESEASON:
- Philadelphia Eagles: 10-1 ATS
- Dallas Cowboys: 7-1 ATS
- San Diego Chargers: 5-1 ATS
- Kansas City Chiefs: 0-7 ATS
- St. Louis Rams: 0-5 ATS
- Arizona Cardinals: 6-1 ATS
- Seattle Seahawks: 6-1 ATS
- Washington Redskins: 6-1 ATS
- Cincinnati Bengals: 1-8 ATS
- Buffalo Bills: 1-5 ATS
- Kansas City Chiefs: 1-5 ATS
- Denver Broncos: 10-0 ATS
- Cincinnati Bengals: 5-0 ATS
- Washington Redskins: 0-6 ATS
- Arizona Cardinals: 0-5 ATS
- Indianapolis Colts: 0-5 ATS
- Houston Texans: 1-6 ATS
NFL PRESEASON SYSTEMS
- Invest on home teams that have won two consecutive games versus an opponent that has lost two straight as these squads are 17-5 ATS (77%) since 1988.
- Invest on home favorites of four points or more, provided they won straight-up as an underdog of four points or more in their previous game as these squads are 11-4 ATS (73%) since 1983.
- Invest on a preseason home underdog of three points or less if they are matched up against an opponent off a home game as these teams are 29-13-1 ATS (69%) since 1993.
- Invest against any NFL preseason favorite of more than seven points if they are off exactly one win as these teams are 0-11 ATS since 1990.
- Invest against any winless non-division team in Game 4 or Game 5, provided they are a pick or favored and are coming off a loss of six points or less as these teams are 3-15 ATS (17%) since 1983.
- Invest against any non-conference road favorite in the preseason as these teams are 21-39 (35%) since 2001.
- Invest against a road favorite that is coming off an upset loss as a home favorite as these squads are 9-27 ATS (25%) since 1987.
- Invest on a team that was shutout in its previous preseason contest as these squads are 26-14-1 ATS (65%) since 1991.
- Invest on a team off two consecutive losses if they scored ten points or less in each game as these squads are 23-9-1 ATS (72%) since 1989.
- Invest against a team that outgained its opponent by 210 or more yards as these squads are 13-27 ATS (32%) since 1998.
HEAD COACHES PRESEASON FOOTBALL RECORDS (prior to 2010 season)
- Mike Shanahan: 42-26 SU and 37-29-2 ATS
- Jack Del Rio: 19-9 SU and 18-10-1 ATS
- Tony Sparano: 6-2 SU and 5-2-1 ATS
- Chan Gailey: 1-9 SU and 1-9 ATS
- Ken Whisenhunt: 2-10 SU and 3-9 ATS
- Andy Reid: 15-29 SU and 19-25 ATS
For winning sports picks from a sports investment firm that has received 20 distinguished awards from The Sports Monitor of Oklahoma since 2007, please visit http://oskeimsportspicks.com. Oskeim Sports Picks is predicated upon honesty and integrity, and their sports picks have consistently out-performed the Dow and S&P 500 since 2006.