Now that the early games have kicked off, it’s time for the experts at Pro Edge Sports to discuss the evening college football games that are attracting the majority of sharp money. Based on our sources, professional bettors have certainly laid stake to a few college football sides Saturday night:
Late Night College Football Action Report:
- Toledo – While the number seems high, there is little chance that Eastern Michigan covers it as head coach Ron English is 3-18 ATS versus .400 or greater conference opponents. Moreover, the Eastern Michigan’s switch to freshman quarterback Brogan Roback seems to be premature in that he has only completed 42% of his pass attempts;
- Tennessee – The Volunteers have held two of their last three opponents to season-low (or second-low) yardage, while head coach Butch Jones is 5-1 SU and 5-0-1 ATS in games off a loss by 27 or more points;
- Oklahoma State – We are not surprised to see the market adjustment from being an underdog to becoming a small road favorite as the Cowboys are 4-0 SU and ATS in this series and 6-1-1 ATS as conference road underdogs of less than seven points. Oklahoma State head coach Mike Gundy is 14-1 SU and 12-2-1 ATS versus opponents he defeated previously, provided the opponent allows 20 or more points per game on the season (8-0-1 ATS on the road);
- Florida State – The Seminoles are 2.5 yards per play better than average offensively and 1.5 yards per play better than average defensively, which gives them a significant advantage over Miami from the line of scrimmage. Florida State is 7-0-1 ATS as home favorite of more than 15 points, with an average cover by eighteen points per game;
- Georgia Tech – The Yellow Jackets continue to be underrated and are very dangerous at home. Meanwhile, Pittsburgh is 0-9 ATS on the road versus ACC opponents and 16-67-1 ATS in games in which they allow more than 200 yards on the ground. With Georgia Tech averaging 316 rushing yards per game at 5.5 yards per carry (1.1 yards per rush play better than average), it looks like another defeat for the Panthers.
While the sharps are favoring the teams above, the betting public is betting the following games as if they already know the final score: Fresno State, Missouri, Auburn and UCLA. With that said, it appears as if the pros and the Joes agree on two so-called public sides: Georgia Tech and UCLA.