Pro Edge’s contacts in the gambling industry have confirmed that some of the most respected betting groups in the nation have moved money on the New York Jets, Miami Dolphins and Pittsburgh Steelers. The good news for NFL bettors is that these games are late-afternoon starts, which gives you an excellent opportunity to recover from losses sustained in the early NFL contests. Pro Edge Sports Picks likes all three sides listed above, and here are some interesting angles to consider before betting these games:
New York Jets (-2) (-110) over Buffalo Bills
- Buffalo is 1-8 ATS on the road following a home game;
- The Jets possess an excellent defense that is 1.3 yards per rush play and 0.4 yards per play better than average this season;
- Buffalo’s offense is 0.3 yards per pass attempt worse than average, which means that the Bills will not be able to exploit New York’s lone weakness on defense.
Miami Dolphins (-2.5) (-110) over Atlanta Falcons
- Atlanta has been ravaged by injuries as running back Steven Jackson is sidelined with an injured thigh, while fullback Bradie Ewing, defensive end Kroy Biermann and linebacker Sean Weatherspoon are also out;
- Miami quarterback Ryan Tannehill is averaging 7.7 yards per pass attempt on the season, which is 0.6 yards per pass attempt better than average;
- Miami’s running game should also continue to improve now that the coaches have made important adjustments with the team’s zone blocking schemes.
Pittsburgh Steelers (+2) (-110) over Chicago Bears
- For detailed analysis on this game, please click here.
While sharp bettors have moved on all three of these games, it is important to remember that your edge is only as good as the line value you got. In other words, professional sports bettors grabbed Pittsburgh at +2.5, but some of that value is gone now as many off shore sportsbooks are showing 1.5. The same betting groups got Miami at -1.5, but those who were late to the party are now forced to lay 3 with the Dolphins.