St. Louis right-hander Carlos Martinez is 5-5 with a 3.69 ERA and 1.14 WHIP this season which is generally supported by his underlying metrics: 3.78 FIP, 0.74 HR/9 and 55% GB%. From a technical standpoint, St. Louis is 13-3 in Martinez’s last 16 starts with five days of rest, 19-5 in his last 24 outings following a quality start, 8-3 in his last 11 starts versus National League West opposition and 10-4 in his last fourteen starts in game 3 of a series.
Meanwhile, San Francisco right-hander Jake Peavy toes the rubber with a 6.34 ERA and 1.57 WHIP this season, including a 7.20 ERA and 1.44 WHIP on the road and a 6.45 ERA and 1.61 WHIP at night. The veteran hurler is also 3-6 with a 4.30 ERA and 1.39 WHIP in 13 career starts against the Cardinals. Peavy also enters tonight’s game with a 4.48 FIP, 4.76 xFIP, 4.58 SIERA, 1.30 HR/9 rate and a 10.1% K-BB%.
Technically speaking, the Giants are a money-burning 5-12 in Peavy’s last 17 road starts, 4-10 in his last 14 starts versus teams with a winning record and 0-8 in Peavy’s last eight road outings versus .501 or greater opponents. Take St. Louis at a very reasonable price as Oskeim Sports’ Free MLB sports pick for Sunday, June 5.
NBA Finals Betting Trends: Cleveland Cavaliers at Golden State Warriors
- Home teams in the 2016 NBA Playoffs are 50-30 ATS;
- Favorites in the 2016 NBA Playoffs are 48-32 ATS;
- Home Favorites in the 2016 NBA Playoffs are 37-19 ATS;
- The UNDER is 48-31 overall in the 2016 NBA Playoffs;
- The UNDER is 24-11 in games with a total of 200 or more points;
- The UNDER is 21-8-1 in Golden State’s L/30 home games vs. teams w/ a winning road record;
- The Cavaliers are 7-18-1 ATS in their last 26 games following a double-digit loss;
- Since 2005, the UNDER is 35-28 (55.6%) in the NBA Finals;
- The Warriors have contested 66.2 shots per game this postseason;
- The Cavaliers have contested 57.1 shots per game this postseason
Don’t miss Oskeim Sports’ one and only 5* NBA Game of the Month on Sunday! The exclusive Pinnacle Syndicate is also featuring a very strong NBA Finals Total of the Year!