Pro Edge’s sources have confirmed that several sharp outfits in Vegas made substantial moves on Virginia in its Week One contest against BYU. With sixteen returning starters and a very good head coach in Mike London (enters 4th season), we agree with the move and look for the Cavaliers to win this game outright. As such, our team of experts agree that grabbing the points with Virginia against BYU is a solid investment and could ultimately qualify as a college football best bet from Pro Edge Sports Picks.
- The Cavaliers feature a very good wide receiving corp. led by Darius Jennings, who led the team with 568 yards (11.8) last season and Dominique Terrell, who finished second with 475 yards (12.5). If this unit remains healthy, the Cavaliers could have one of the best group of wide receivers in the ACC this season.
- Virginia also enters the 2013 campaign with an excellent backfield led by Kevin Parks, who garnered a team-leading 709 yards on the ground last year at 4.7 yards per rush attempt.
- Head coach Mike London has ben very pleased with the development of his offensive line during spring practice, which does not come as a surprise in that the Cavaliers welcome back 81 career starts. With four returning starters, including seniors Morgan Moses, Sean Cascarano and Luke Bowanko, Virginia fields one of the most experienced lines in the nation.
- Teams are going to have a difficult time throwing the ball against Virginia’s secondary as the Cavaliers welcome back four starters from last year’s outstanding group. Demetrious Nicholson anchors the secondary and carries the distinction of being the first true freshman to start an opener in 2011.
- While Virginia’s defensive line is nothing to write home about, defensive coordinator Jon Tenuta does have two returning starters, together with one of the most talked about lineman in Eli Harold (true freshman last year; 12 tackles in first six games). This unit is improved and will put up better numbers in 2013.
- The biggest question mark on defense is Virginia’s group of linebackers as coordinator Jon Tenuta loses two starters who happened to be the team’s leading tacklers.
Pro Edge Sports Picks Week One College Football Best Bet:
Virginia (+1.5) (-110) over BYU