Sports bettors will no doubt be lining up early and often to place wagers on the high-flying Texas A&M Aggies, who are 4-1 on the season and possess one of the most dynamic attacks in college football. But, the Aggies have a difficult task this week against a veteran-laden Mississippi squad with nineteen returning starters and a very good head coach in Hugh Freeze. In fact, Freeze is 22-8 ATS in his coaching career, including 13-4 ATS on artificial turf. The experts at Pro Edge Sports Picks have you covered with an early college football betting preview of this prime time matchup.
Fundamental Analysis – Offense:
- Texas A&M is 1.4 yards per rush play, 2.1 yards per pass attempt and 1.6 yards per play better than average offensively this season;
- Mississippi has been extremely disappointing on the offensive side of the ball this season – 0.1 yards per rush play, 0.6 yards per pass attempt and 0.2 yards per play worse than average.
Fundamental Analysis – Defense:
- Texas A&M has really struggled on the defensive side of the ball this season as the Aggies are 1.3 yards per rush play, 0.2 yards per pass attempt and 0.9 yards per play worse than average;
- The Rebels are 0.1 yards per rush play, 1.3 yards per pass attempt and 0.5 yards per play better than average defensively in 2013.
I know what you are thinking – our experts are number geeks and you just want to know who has the edge in this contest. Here is the breakdown from the line of scrimmage:
- Texas A&M has a 1.6 yards per play advantage offensively over the Rebels’ stop unit;
- Mississippi has a 0.7 yards per play advantage offensively over the Aggies’ defense.
Technical Notes: Texas A&M is 6-19 ATS following a bye week, 25-42 ATS on the road after failing to cover the point spread, 14-30 ATS on the road in the first half of the season and 6-22 ATS on the road after gaining more than 475 yards in its previous game.
Texas A&M opened as 6.5-point road favorites, but the line has been bet up to a touchdown. For all of your premium sports betting information, join the only handicapping service that the professionals trust – Pro Edge Sports.