Wednesday’s Top Starting Pitcher Team Trends:
- Chris Tillman is 12-2 (+13.2 units) versus teams with a winning record and 8-1 (+10.1 units as a road underdog over the last two seasons;
- Kris Medlen is 17-2 (+14.8 units) versus division opponents and 26-7 (+17.1 units) at night;
- Edwin Jackson is 3-15 (-13.7 units) versus division opponents in his career;
- Tom Milone is 22-9 (+13.9 units) at night over the last two seasons;
- Bronson Arroyo is 22-9 (+12.7 units) following a loss over the last two seasons.
Wednesday’s Streaking Starting Pitchers:
- Mark Buehrle is 2-1 with a 2.18 ERA over his last five starts;
- Eric Stults is 4-1 with a 1.40 ERA over his last six starts;
- Joe Saunders is 2-1 with a 2.02 ERA over his last four starts;
- Hyun-Jin Ryu is 3-0 with a 1.94 ERA over his last six starts;
- Jeff Locke is 3-0 with a 1.00 ERA over his last six starts.
Daily Matchup Report:
- Madison Bumgarner boasts a 2.77 ERA in starts at AT&T Park this season, including a 45/12 K/BB ratio.
- Shaun Marcum is better than his periphery statistics suggest as he has been victimized by an unsustainable hit rate (34%) and strand rate (55%).
- Kevin Correia, who is generally know as a control artist (13 BB; 81.7 IP), has garnered 16 strikeouts over his last eighteen innings pitched.