The Masters Tournament is arguably the most prestigious of professional golf’s four major tournament championships, held annually at Augusta National Golf Course in Georgia. With the ability to lure the best players in the world, the Masters Tournament trophy – and the iconic green jacket – is perhaps the most coveted prize in golf.
Patrick Reed took home the famous green jacket one year ago. Who do you think will win the 2019 Masters Tournament? Will it be four-time winner Tiger Woods? Perhaps Hall of Famer Phil Mickelson will take the prize? Or maybe Bubba Watson or Sergio Garcia? In an event like the Masters Tournament, you never know who is going to rise up and take it.
Here’s a preview of the competition:
Players and Storylines to Watch
These are the top stories to keep an eye on when the Masters Tournament tees off for first-round play on Thursday, April 11th.
- Can Tiger win a major tournament in his post-scandal career?Tiger Woods is still a very good golfer, but his return to major glory following his off-the-course scandals has been plagued with injury after injury. With four green jackets already, will Augusta be where he puts it back together and picks up another Masters Tournament championship?
- Will there be course changes?Augusta is already a formidable course, but reports are out that they’ve made it play longer by lengthening the tee boxes. This could make the fifth hole — an already tough one — even more difficult.
- Will a sleeper steal the title?Rory McIlroy has stayed under the radar lately, but he’s actually playing some of the best golf of his life. A win at Augusta would be a career grand slam for McIlroy, which is no simple feat. Keep an eye out for him.
Our Golf Picks for the 2019 Masters Tournament
What are our golf picks, you ask? Here’s a look at who we’re placing in the top three in this tournament, starting with third place:
- 3rdPlace – Tiger Woods: Close but no cigar has been the story with Woods for a while, and we don’t think this Masters Tournament will be any different.
- 2ndPlace – Patrick Reed: We’re predicting that he’ll come within a stroke of repeating as Masters Tournament champ.
- 1stPlace – Sergio Garcia: A tough year will culminate in glory at Augusta.
Who do you think will take home the green jacket this year? For more golf predictions and picks, visit our website.
Image Source: Travel+ Leisure